First Impressions last
Thanks for reading my first blog post ever!
Starting a blog has been one of my new year resolutions since *forever* that gets repeated on the list year after year. But my up-coming birthday serves as a wake-up call that tells me: if not now, when? So this blog is created as a present to myself, and I hope you all would enjoy reading.
January always signals starting things that you've been planning to do. Many of you may have "find a (new) job" on your list of 2016 resolutions. Dressing right for the interview is ultra important - not only does it make you more confident, it may also impress your potential employer.
Some tips to dress for positive impact:
1. Wear heels, but practise walking in them
2. Ensure your clothes are cleaned and pressed
3. Keep things simple: avoid wearing perfume or cologne, wear minimal jewellery and neutral makeup (and don't forget to check your nail color)
4. When in doubt, err on the side of being slightly over dressed rather than showing up looking too casual.
5. If you wear pants, it should fit properly without being too tight; If you wear a skirt, make sure it covers your thighs when you sit.
6. Carry a small handbag rather than a tote
7. Dress in a professional palette (depending on the job nature). My personal favourite, fail-proof combination is beige with black or white.
Some items that I love:
J. Crew Martie pant - high waisted and cropped makes it super petite-friendly (also available in petite sizing!)
Jimmy Choo pumps in nude (as shown below) - definitely my power heels
Tiffany & Co Tiffany T bangle
11/7/2022 02:39:53 am
Good reading this poost
Leave a Reply.